Tuesday, February 10, 2009

wonderful oz...

did you guys know that Australia is also referred to as Oz??  Yup.  Here I am in Sydney, Australia. Haven't seen much yet, we just arrived, but Frankie will bring me along on a bike tour tomorrow. That is, if she can get up the hill:)  hahah...I'll help!  So, since we've last talked, I went along with my friends to do some diving trips.  We went to Sipadan, which is an island off of Borneo.  But Sipadan is considered part of the country Malaysia.  The diving there was a bit scary because there were so many SHARKS!!!  But the turtles were cool...there were too many to keep count! 100's!  Then we went off to Papua, Indonesia to the area called Raja Ampat.  That was beautiful!! I dove with all sorts of crazy fish...see Frankie and Austin's blog for the underwater pics.  There were sharks, nemo fish, bat fish, turtles....fun!  After all that excitement, Frankie and I took a break and hit the surf in Bali, Indonesia!  I surfed like a pro!  The beach we surfed on was famous Kuta Beach in Bali.  Frankie's friend Mike helped us both learn how to surf!  You guys at home should try!  

And yup, now we are in Sydney.  I'll keep you guys updated!

No comments: